In 1992, Deep & Far Attorneys-at-law embarked its incorporation with a focus on and specialization in all aspects of intellectual property rights (IPRs) under the guidance of C. F. Tsai, who is the first patent practitioner in his country who both has technological and law backgrounds and is qualified as a local attorney-at-law.
A thought leader with 39 amazing years of experience, Mr Tsai handled diversified disputes over intellectual property laws. He has extensively been involved in works related to mechanical, electric, electronic, civil engineering, chemical, semiconductor, and medical fields since his involvement in intellectual property in 1982. This expertise enabled him to successfully lead the firm and provide an excellent range of legal solutions.
In academics, Mr Tsai had his marine engineering background and majored in National Chiao Tung University. He finished his law degree from National Taiwan University and then passed the bar examination having a pass rate of about 5% on average.
In securing his master’s degree in comparative laws from Soo Chow University, Mr Tsai had the opportunity of perceiving, interlinking and integrating interdependency, interaction, and macroscopic strategy in various aspects of laws. He is admitted to practice before the ROC Supreme Court, the Administrative Court, the Taiwan High Court, IP Court, and various district courts. Certainly, he is admitted to practice before the ROC Intellectual Property Office. He is a member of ROC, Taipei, Kaoshiung, and Hsinchu Bar Associations, APAA, AIPLA, AIPPI, and INTA.
Even with years of experience and extensive knowledge, Mr Tsai still strives for himself to keep pace with all relevant knowledge and practices relating to intellectual property laws and this is what makes him one of the most influential leaders in the industry.
More about the Firm
Deep & Far Attorneys-at-Law is one of the largest law firms in Taiwan. It is a full-service law firm with a focus on all aspects of intellectual property rights (IPRs). Its IPR work includes patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, unfair competition, and/or licensing, counseling, litigation, and/or transactions thereof. The firm is highly regarded and is often one of the main sources from which foreign filing orders originate.
Managed by the highly qualified, experienced, and dynamic leader, Deep & Far Attorneys-at-law strategically supports corporates and individuals around the world in disputes related to IP through competence and efforts.
“We provide competent IP services for clients across the world. We are not just claiming provisions of the most valuable and competent IP services”, apprised Mr Tsai.
“Because we found that other firms’ services may not be imaginarily satisfactory, or cannot provide wonderful services for the clients, we decided to establish the firm”, he further added.
Edge over the Peers
Deep & Far’s philosophy is to provide competent legal services that other firms cannot comparably provide. And, the edge comes from providing the most competent services. Taking the patent as an example, the claim is the core of patent protection. Because everyone tends to boast how wonderful he is or would be, this film feels like taking challenges to show their extraordinary competence by receiving from the client, e.g.:
- A pending or granted patent specification for comments about how it can improve the claims.
- A patent specification without the claims for the firm to draft the claims for the client’s comparison with the original claims.
- With the firm the client is currently using at the same time, an initial disclosure based on which the team and the currently used firm can respectively prepare their claims so that the client can compare and find out which firm can provide the better claims.
The clientele includes Armani, Baidu, Beckhoff, BYD, CICC, Chep, Cypress, Dr. Reddy, Gleason, Grenzebach, Haribo, H & M, Infineon, Intercept, InterDigital, Lenovo, Lupin, Motorola, MPS, NovaLED, Oppo, Piramal, Schott Glas, SeeReal, Sun Pharma, Teva, Torrent, Toyo Ink. Long term relationships come from win-win considerations all the time made possible by competence and price competitiveness.
F. Tsai’s Take on
- Today’s legal market: Competition is very rigorous nowadays because the number of firms drastically increases.
- Dealing with Challenges: Try hard to become experienced, focussed and known to factors leading to success
- Infusion of technology: Some new technology will enhance the performance of services and should be introduced into the working facilities.
- Achievements: Fame may not straightforwardly come from competence but may brew therefrom if there are no or very few complaints from any client all over the world.
- Success: The satisfying look of the clients we saw is the biggest prize we win after they receive our services.
- The Secret of Becoming an Influential Leader: The base or secret for surviving in the market or becoming influential is perseverance, toughness, and courage.
- Future Plans: Because all firms may have a difficult time, we have no intention to expand unless we find a service that can be provided only by this firm.
- Favourite Books: Ancient books like the Bible, Kuran… which were authored thousands of years ago.
- Nature of advisory services: We have 60% patent services, 20% trademark services, and 20% general law services.
Words of Wisdom
Try all efforts to stay with the virtues of perseverance, toughness, and courage related to cognition of quality services at all difficult opportunities because one’s fate means what s/he deserves through adhering to such virtues.
Success may not come very soon, but the virtues of perseverance, toughness, and courage may hasten the budding of success.
If you dare wait for success through virtues, success is a shadow you cannot get rid of.