Nowadays mobile can be seen almost in every hand. Mobile is a device that turned into smartphones, so messaging and calling is not the only primary use of this mobile device. Nowadays, this portable device becomes an entertainment tool. When the time comes for entertainment, mobile games ensure to play the leader role in this field. According to popular research, when a person buys a mobile device, usually everyone downloads the game within one week on this device. Mobile games are a fantastic way for passing the time and having fun for the game players but for the developer is not only for time pass but also a source of income. The mobile game usually contributes about 60% to the market of global video. The mobile games have generated $49 Billion in revenue and a profit of 16.9 billion last year. If you are willing to develop a game, you have to face many questions in your mind. And the common question is about the cost of this development. So have a look at the process of calculating the cost of the development of the mobile phone.
How much will it cost for developing the mobile game?
The mobile game development cost can be around $5k-$40k for a single platform with basic functionality. If you are willing to develop the game with all the advanced functionalities and features, with support to multiple platforms, the development of a mobile phone can cost nearly $600k and above.
Nowadays, this game development flourishing market. With emerging technologies like Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality, these numbers will increase constantly. Here we are giving a list of game types and the estimate of their cost of development:
- Mini-game and its cost: This game development will take $3K to $ 10K. Even a normal mini-game such as Pac-man or Sudoku can cost around 3 thousand to 10 thousand for a single standard platform. If you are willing to have advanced multiple platforms and features, it will cost up to twenty thousand.
- 3D game: Games such as Tennis clash and shooting, which comes with excellent graphics, can cost thirty thousand to sixty thousand for a platform. This price can also arise up to eighty thousand for the multiple platforms and advanced features.
- The mid-level Game: These mid-level games, such as Cut the Rope and Angry Birds, will cost around sixty thousand to a hundred thousand. For the multiple platforms and advanced features, this price can arise up to one hundred twenty thousand.
- The high-end game: The high-end game such as call of duty, PUBG can cost nearly one hundred fifty to two hundred for an ios or android platform. This price can rise to four hundred for the advanced features.
- Real Money game: This game, such as eight ball pool, real money ludo, carom and rummy, can cost nearly ten thousand to fifty thousand for a platform. This cost can rise to a hundred thousand for advanced features and obviously for multiple platforms.
- AAA game: These AAA games, such as FIFA and GTA, are costly. The development cost will starts from $300k. This price will also rise to $ 1 m, depending on the features, story and functionality.
The market snapshot of mobile games:
- There a more than two hundred three million mobile gamers you can find in a single country.
- A mobile game can dominate more than fifty per cent of the revenue of a mobile game.
- More than a seventy-two per cent of a mobile phone user in a country uses their phone to play games.
- This game market has been expected for reaching 4106.4 billion in the year 2021.
- Forty-nine per cent of mobile gamers typically spend money on mobile games.
The maximum downloaded apps are these mobile games. Though thousands of games are available on this app store, mobile gaming app development can still give an ample opportunity for revenue generation. So now the main question is how much it will cost to create a gaming app. So here we are giving them information that this development cost estimation will ultimately depend on several factors, including the design, type, story and testing. It would help if you decided upon the budget accordingly.