Today the whole world is connected through a web known as the Internet. So the total dependence of users is on the Internet. And the Internet creates virtual data that includes confidential, sensitive, personal information and users’ data worldwide. Everyone comes to provide online services to their users, from small enterprises to large businesses and even governments. But they need to become aware of data security because issues like cyber crimes and hacking are increasing daily. So we aren’t sure whether our online information in the form of data is safe or not. Cyber attacks like phishing and ransomware are some significant issues that users face. And hence there is an increasing demand for cyber security professionals. Cyber security is frequently changing with new attacks found by hackers. Cyber security experts and users have been facing data security challenges daily. The main reason behind the cyber attacks is the lack of authentication and security for data. Let’s take a look at new trends in cyber security.
- IoT Attacks – IoT means the Internet of things. IoT devices include home security, activity trackers, smart pacemakers, and augmented reality glasses. The attacks gain access to internet devices like smartphones, laptops, and minicomputers. They access all the sensitive information and confidential data from the user’s data without his permission. These attacks are increasing daily, so it is essential to be concerned about data security with any proper system. Smart devices which run on the Internet have to take care of their data security by introducing antivirus software, cloud systems, and privacy of passwords are the things that can save your data from a breach.
- Phishing Attacks – Phishing attacks are the most common attacks in cyber crimes. These attacks create an illusion in the way of messages and emails from reputed companies. And send these emails to users to access their devices and draw all the secure data from the users. So users must be alert every time while providing personal information to any website or while replying to mail. Using good security practices and software, one can secure their data from hackers and scammers.
- Expansion in MFA – Multi-factor authentication is one of the security practices used by users for privacy related to their sensitive information. MFA is also referred to as a Two-step verification system that analyzes and verifies data provided by a particular user. Whenever a user login to that respective application or software, this MFA will do two-step verification to check if it is a user or not. This MFA system’s best advantage is that every time it verifies the identification evidence of the user when he tries to log-in. So in case, hackers will try to get access to your device, they will not be able to do so.
- There are security systems and software which secure the data of any user or any governmental agency to secure the data. The technique known as a cloud system is widely used for data security by many business and governmental sectors. Cloud attacks take an hour to secure data while surfing websites and using applications. But hackers and scammers also try to steal information by attacking cloud-based security systems. These attacks are caused due to lack of cloud security, visibility of data, and poor technology used. So be aware of cloud security practices and updated technology to prevent cloud attacks.
- Ransomware Attacks – Hackers often make ransomware attacks. They first take charge, access your device, and then encrypt all vital information and data. If you ask for data decryption, try to get back access to the machine again. They demand ransom or money for it by blackmailing you. So be attentive during uploading your personal information with any non authenticate websites and maintain some precautions while sharing information with anyone.
- Automotive hacking – This hacking system deals with taking unauthorized access to any device, hardware, software, or communication system of vehicles using some smart devices near those automobile devices. Communication systems like wi-fi devices in a car, and Bluetooth systems, are the medium of hacking vehicles. Hackers are more interested in your smartphone details to steal data like credit card numbers and passwords, so generally, don’t connect your smartphones to your vehicles; they can access your phones and related data easily.
- Use of cyber security starter kit – Attacks like phishing and malware mainly targeted small business and their customers to extort data from them. So there is a need to do some safety practices while running a business online. Some cyber security businesses and professionals offer a starter kit for data security, including multi-factor authentication programs, antivirus software, and guidelines related to security which can be helpful for your employers to understand the importance of cyber security. The starter kit includes USB and related devices prevention and security modes. So using a starter kit is a good security practice that you can introduce into your system.
- AI Systems in Cyber security – Artificial intelligence grabs any new field and makes its position in it. AI also takes charge in the cyber world; mainly, AI systems are used to run multi-factor authentication programs for automation in verification systems. Cyber professionals use AI to learn from past data to prevent future attacks. So artificial intelligence helps to save previous data and analyze in the future if any cybercrime happens. In the future and technological revolution, AI can be proved as the best weapon against cyber crimes.
- SQL Injection Attacks – SQL is called Structured Query Language, which gives access to and manipulates the databases. Hackers use this language to take out all the information with the help of databases.
Demand for cyber security professionals – As attacks and hackers get smarter, followed by increasing cyber crimes. So there is a need for some ethical hackers and professionals who easily protect the data and information.